First of all, let's consider what is a term paper. This document is required from students at the end of the semester to check their knowledge about certain course. Students have to show teachers they got excellent knowledge of the subject. They have to make a lot of research and technical writing in this document. In our article, you will find many useful hints how to write a term paper.
What is a term paper and how to create it step-by-step?
Writing a term paper is not an easy job, but try to follow our advice & take your work to the head of your class.
Step # 1 - Choose a topic.
Sometimes instructors can give topics for choosing, but they may leave you to choose topic for your document on your own. Be creative and choose something you're interested in. It will make your writing process a bit easier. Keep in your mind that the chosen topic should be researchable, so try to think about it well; also think what kind of researches you have to do, and study the subject well. Remember about deadline & length of your assignment and plan your work beforehand. It's better to do this hard job with little steps than to sit and try to make research on the last night.
Step # 2 - Define a structure.
You should start with the outline because you won't be able to create a good document without planning it beforehand. How to write an outline for a term paper? Usually, if your instructor didn't give you a certain structure of the document, it consists of five main parts:
- Cover page – this is page that contains information about your name, course, a name of your teacher and deadline date.
- Abstract – it is a short description of your work, usually, it is for about a half of page long. This part help readers to understand why you chose this subject and its importance to be viewed.
- Introduction – here you need to place your thesis statement and explain how you are going to solve the problem of the topic.
- Body part – it is the main part of your work. Here you have to put all your researches in a well-organized way. That's why the body part should contain several paragraphs to structure information and make your document easier to read and view.
- Results – here you explain to readers which results you got after research.
- Conclusion – just summarize all facts & finish your task with an open question or pushing readers to make their own researches on the subject.
Step # 3 - Define a format.
When you are making your document, you have to use certain citation style to cite your sources, to avoid plagiarism. Usually, in academic documents, they use APA or MLA styles. If you are creating a sociology work, you should use APA format; keep in your mind that you will need to mention the publication date, location, and name. MLA format is used for humanities and liberal arts; according to this format, you also need to specify each publication name, location, and date.
Step # 4 - Making a paper proposal.
Before creating your paper, you have to get the proposal approved; through this proposal, you will be able to defend your work to the instructor. The proposal is the short article that clearly explains the meaning and importance of your work. If your teacher didn't recommend certain sample or template for proposal, and you are in doubt how to write a term paper proposal, you can use this structure:
- Title – it is the draft name of your future work; you can use this title or make different, another one.
- Objectives – here you should give results of your research and answer questions about your assignment.
- Relevance and importance – grab reader's attention to the topic & include all the needed articles, blogs, news and events to show readers your subjects' importance.
Step # 5 - Proofread and correct your work.
After your paper is finished, you should proofread it to avoid grammar and logical mistakes. It's is a very important step to do, even if for some students it may seem that the paper is done, and why to spend more time. Even if you will make a good paper with many errors, the teacher won't take it seriously. Great authors keep away from grammar and logical mistakes. You need to be patient and improve your text by correcting. You can use different vocabularies & online services for checking grammar errors. It's is final and quite an important step you have to do with working on your paper.
We hope that our article was helpful. Making this paper is a complicated task that requires good writing skills and good knowledge of the subject of the work. If you have no idea how to write a history term paper, order your assignment online and let professionals do the job!